Updated: Mar 24, 2021
Last last year, I went to India and visited Delhi's Paratha-wali Gali (a street with many restaurants that sell different types of Parathas). A paratha is a flatbread native to the Indian subcontinent. They sell many types of stuffed Parathas, which are stuffed with different ingredients like Potato, Paneer, Radish, Spinach, Cauliflower, Rabdi (A dessert -Rabdi is sweetened thickened milk with a layer of cream begins to form on the surface of the milk). I liked the Rabdi stuffed Paratha the most among all of them. I posted a picture of Rabdi paratha on my Facebook two years ago and now recently a memory came up on my Facebook of that delicious paratha. That picture gave me a craving for it and made me recreating it. :) Usually, they stuff the paratha with Rabrii and deep fry it. To make it a little healthier, I made Lachcha paratha (multiple layered Paratha) and spread the Rabdi on it and did not miss a bit of that yummy taste of it.
Prep time: 15 mins
Making time: 60 mins
For Rabdi :
500 Grams of Ricotta Cheese
3 tablespoons of sugar
1/2 teaspoon of cardamom powder
8-10 sliced pistachios
1 can of evaporated milk
3 tablespoons of condensed milk
2 cups of Flour as required
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 tablespoon of oil
Ghee for frying
In a saucepan, take the evaporated milk, condensed milk, and 1/4 teaspoon of cardamom powder and mix it well.
Reduced the mixture and thicken it, stirring occasionally.
Turn off the heat and keep it aside.
4. Mix Ricotta cheese, sugar, and 1/4 of the cardamom powder.
5. Pour in a baking pan and bake it at 350 degrees for 30 mins.
6. When the Cheese bakes in the oven, mix flour, salt, and oil make the dough, and rest it for 15 mins.
6. Take out the baked cheese mix and let it sit for 15 mins.
7. Then take out the baked cheese in a bowl and break and stir it with a fork and mash it well.
8. Then add the thickened milk little by little to make it a little lose consistency.
Do not pour too much milk at a time and make it too runny.
Stop mixing the thickened milk, when it reached the desired consistency.👇
9. Add sliced pistachios and refrigerate it for at least an hour to overnight.
10. Until the Rabdi Chills, make the parathas.
Dust the countertop with some flour.
Make 3 teaspoons of oil and flour mix it into a thick pest.
Divide the dough into equal portions and roll out into small 1/8 inch round discs.
Spread the oil and flour pest over the disc.
Cut the disc from center to the edge and make it to a ball again.
6. Roll out the ball again to a disc.
7. Shallow fry it with Ghee until each side golden brown.
8. Put a portion of chilled rabdi on the center of each hot paratha and serve it.
9. Or serve the hot parathas with chilled rabdi by the side.